Moderates carbohydrate intake and helps lessen appetite by supporting neurotransmitter function
CarbCrave Complex is designed to help lessen appetite and curb excessive carbohydrate intake by supporting neurotransmitters involved in appetite and mood. 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is a precursor for serotonin, the same neurotransmitter released by the consumption of carbohydrates; serotonin is also associated with enhanced mood. At the same time, DL-phenylalanine supports dopamine and epinephrine production, responsible for the sensation of well-being. Vitamin 6 is integral as a cofactor for neurotransmitter synthesis. Rhodiola and ashwagandha are believed to encourage the activities of these neurotransmitters while strengthening the body's resistance to stress and fatigue, common triggers for undesirable eating behaviors. Research indicates that Sensoril® ashwagandha promotes relaxation and maintains healthy cortisol response. It is these actions that may be responsible for its supportive effects on glucose and fat metabolism. Both chromium picolinate and Relora® have demonstrated the potential to promote more healthful patterns of carbohydrate and energy intake in adult subjects. In one study involving 49 volunteers prone to eating under stress, Relora® helped reduce stress-related snacking of sweets by 76%. In another trial, chromium picolinate supplementation helped reduce carbohydrate intake and mood fluctuations. Cravings and appetite are influenced by many factors, only some of which may be affected by the ingredients in this formula.
- Promotes healthful patterns of carbohydrate and energy intake
- Supports healthy neurotransmitter activity and mood
- Helps reduce stress-related snacking of sweets
- Includes clinically tested Sensoril®
- Part of the PureLean® product line
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Helps moderate carbohydrate intake
- Positive mood support
- Chromium is derived from the lime of rock. 5-Hydroxytryptophan is derived from Griffonia simplicifolia seed.
- Pyridoxal 5'phosphate (activated B6) and dl-phenylalanine are synthetic.
- Relora® is derived from a proprietary blend of patented extracts from Magnolia officinalis bark and Phellodendron amurense bark.
- Sensoril® Trim ashwagandha extract is derived from Withania somnifera root and leaf.
- Rhodiola rosea extract is derived from the root and standardized to contain 3% total rosavins and min. 1% salidrosides.
- Ascorbyl palmitate is derived from corn dextrose fermentation and palm oil.
- Hypoallergenic plant fiber is derived from pine cellulose.